Attention is the most basic form of love. ~ John Tarrant
MOVEMENT OASIS FOR WOMEN 60+ - COVID-19 SPECIAL
Where you trust your innate natural resources: creativity, aliveness, stillness
4 Wednesdays, 10-11 PT / 1-2 ET, April 7-28 [Full; waiting list taken]
Are you a woman familiar with movement, improvisation or another embodied awareness practice who wants to refresh and rejuvenate drawing on your innate natural resources? Come visit your Movement Oasis to
Participant interests, curiosities or challenges are integrated into the design of two of the four monthly gatherings. At all times, you're welcome to participate in your own way, at your own pace, through guided activities to:
- sense more fully
- move more freely
- imagine more richly
Group size is limited. Using Zoom you are NOT expected to be on camera during your sensing, moving, resting adventures. We join on screen for greetings, prompts and (optional) sharing.
- take time, space and liberty for yourself
- dive into the body pleasure of movement and stillness
- pop the lid off your creative playfulness
- join your animating spirit and biointelligence
- enjoy your unique moving self in a respectful group
Some participant remarks:
The COVID-19 special is a sliding scale of $24-36 (for entire series of 4 one-hour gatherings), though no one will be turned away for lack of funds. You are welcome to phone or email with any questions.
- My awareness and pleasure expand so easily.
- Your somatic approach is new to me. I'm surprised by how capable I am.
- I am reinvigorated. The dynamic language you use to guide us bypasses my thinking mind and goes deep into my embodied mind.
- Movement Oasis is full of surprises and new awareness of how imagination can be used and nurtured, and how you can feel many different sensations and be aware of your body's own wisdom in movement.
- I reconnected with my love of creative movement expression.
- I haven't done this since I was a child!
- One aha is how much more I experience presence.
Register: A) Canadians, e-transfer payment to address in announcement email or shown here. Movers from outside of Canada, use paypal.me/yourinnerspa for payment in US dollars. B) Everybody, please send a few words about what brings you to Movement Oasis at this time, along with your payment.
TUTORIALS (any gender or age) - COVID-19 SPECIAL You're welcome to the $20-30 sliding scale for 30 minutes on Zoom. We'll follow your interests to explore accessible movement and fresh aliveness in a personalized learning adventure. Phone or email with any questions and booking requests.
PRIVATE LESSONS A minimum of 6 private InnerSPA lessons over 3 months is recommended. The basic hourly fee is $80. I welcome you to arrange a time to discuss your needs, interests or curiosity about embodied learning through sensory and movement awareness ~ with no obligation. Check out some benefits.
ADJUNCT TO PERSONAL THERAPY, REHAB & PAIN MANAGEMENT
Not taking new clients; waiting list only
We now know that trauma compromises the area of the brain
that communicates the physical, embodied feeling
of being alive. ~ Dr. Bessel van der Kolk
Respectfully guided activities
- prompt healing through psychophysical self-awareness
- strengthen self-acceptance through body confidence, and
- provide bodymind practices for healthier daily living.
This nonjudgmental client-centred approach, informed by Dr. Frey's background in hospital, clinical and other health settings, is designed for current clients of professionals who refer for a series of 3 or 6 hour-long lessons. Inquiries are welcome from potential clients and referring professionals.
CONTACT E-mail your confidential inquiry or phone 705-775-2773 in Peterborough or from elsewhere in Canada and US, 1-866-406-0281 (toll free).